Thursday, June 05, 2008

Greenpeace and Broadening Horizons

My stepson, Steven, is attempting to raise money for a semester learning from and about Greenpeace through their GOT program. While I don't agree with everything GP does politically, I do support him learning and broadening his horizons and, well, I am a Green party member so I support things that contain green in the name, or things that are green, or things that encourage greenness. Also, I like whales. :-)

Anyway, it's a serious program, and he's putting together a serious web presence to raise the money to go. He's also trying out Fundable on my suggestion, and I'd really like to see that succeed, because there's a few places I think Fundable could make a huge difference in this new, honor-system based economy we seem to be sailing into.

No comments: